Monday 26 September 2011

2 Christmas cards using new stash

As part of my wedding anniversary treat to myself I bought Issue 96 of Carmaking & Papercraft magazine, a real treat as craft magazines are usually not affordable, but this was even more of a treat as the Free gift was a 36 sheet 6" My Minds Eye 'Snowed In' winter papers pack, along with co-ordinating chipboard pieces. I also went to the Range and for the first time bought scalloped cards (6" square). On Sunday i sat down to play and came up with these 2 Christmas cards.

'Winter Wonderland'

I edged the cardbase with Tim Holtz 'shabby Shutters' distress ink, layered the MME tree paper with bronze pearl paper and embellished the card with MME chipboards & mint spotted ribbon, layered on chocolate gingham ribbon.

'3 Robins'

I edged the cardbase with Tim Holtz 'fired Brick' distress ink, added an Anita's maroon organza ribbon to the MME paper & added 3 MME chipboard robins.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow Fiona, these are beautiful cards. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fab cards Fi and I love the ribbon you have used on the first one, love Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I like how you did the ribbon on the first one. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow super cards fiona ... I have this kit ... must get started on my christmas cards real soon lol ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fi, Gorgeous cards. love the papers and the sentiments. so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards - I bought this mag too!! I love what you have done with the trees x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and elegant - just right for these papers. xx Jill B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours - not the norm for Christmas but work really well
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Fiona, really gorgeous :-) I love these papers! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fiona, I love these cards, I hope you have a really good week.

    ReplyDelete