Tuesday 20 August 2013

Just one card this week!

Its been a very quiet week craft wise for me and I have just made one card. I love my 8" x 8" scalloped edge cards I bought on sale after Christmas from the Range, (got 40 cards for £2!) as they give plenty of room for large images and this card features the die-cut oriental fan decoupage from Create and Craft (I bought the kit in a massive box of craft stash on ebay last year, my son picked the box up for me as it was so heavy and large) that I have used in several cards recently, its so beautiful. For this card I cut out the decoupage to remove the background fan shape to reveal more of the details and the background paper I've used too, I think it will be an anniversary card as it looks like two love birds, though I've not added a sentiment yet so it could possible also work well for a birthday card. The polka dot paper is from the free Hunkydory Flutterby Wishes kit I have loved using in many of my recent cards, never had a HD kit before but last week I took the plunge and joined hunky-dory Platinum club and am looking forward to receiving my free membership gift soon. I am also loving using the foiled Christmas 'mirror' card from Carley, also from C & C. I don't think it looks mirrored at all, more foiled, but it is very rich and a lovely backdrop to my cards. So this card has come from 3 great craft bargains, my type of crafting.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Fiona, I still love my decoupage and alot of Christmas cards will be made this way. xxx

    ReplyDelete