Saturday 1 February 2014

Finally confident using my Big Shot after having it almost 2 years

Hubby bought me a Big shot for my birthday 2 years ago, but apart from one crafting session last February with a crafting friend, it has sat unused as I was so scared of breaking it. I was slowly bit by bit buying dies and embossing folders when on sale or from craft friends on docrafts forum, and when my friend learnt I was afraid to use it she came back round this week and got me to use it all day and it took away the fear and we had a very enjoyable day.

We embossed lots of Couture Creations and Crafts-Too embossing folders, but once we tried the Sizzix Bigz Christmas Ornament, Light and Stocking die we were hooked and used that repeatedly. We used lots of combinations of mirror, holographic, pearl and glitter card and adhered the pieces together using Anita's tacky PVA glue, its fine nozzle was essential to stick the small elements.

the stocking had 2 elements, the collar and the main stocking but I thought it needed something more, so cut out lots more of the curly decoration that came on the ornament and cut by hand a toe for the stocking. On the pearl lights I also added the same swirl to create the brightness.

It was a very enjoyable day and now I shall have to hunt for more dies and embossing folders.





I am staying at my sisters house next week to care for my 6 year old niece whilst her mum is in Poland on business, so I shall take some craft stash and use my made up dies to make lots of small Christmas cards with the 5" x 5" scalloped cards I bought at The Works last week, will upload them once I get home.

Thanks for any comments and happy crafting, Fi x

thanks for any comments

18 comments:

  1. Hi FI, My you have been busy...now you have started with your big shot "it" will be your best friend....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be no stopping you know. Have fun Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous die cuts , great colours ,you have been busy
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have been busy Fi ... well done ... hope you have fun with your "old toy" lol ... just hopping about ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been really busy!
    Great makes.
    Hoppin on over from dc x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great toppers fi & a lovely card well done.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you playing with your big shot. Some lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start for Christmas 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that has certainly given you a head start on all of us. Well done and look forward to seeing more from you. Just hopping over from DC. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you've finally dusted off your Big Shot and boy, you've been busy. Well done, your toppers are great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mornin' Fi these are looking great.. also you're getting a head start on next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are fab I bet you wish you had used it more now xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh glad you're using your big shot , you will wonder how you did without it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great toppers I was the same with my GC but now looking to buy a big shot
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab - glad you are finally using your Bigshot I love mine and use it constantly
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you have started using your Bigshot and well done on the stockings and baubles - they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have got a real head start when it comes to Christmas. I might start looking at some things once the summer is over and then get into a right rush come November LOL. And good that you are finally using your BigShot.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So please to hear you're using your BS - they take a lot to break them - the golden rule is just don't force anything and you'll be fine xx Linda

    ReplyDelete