Friday 7 November 2014

Altered vintage shadow box

I've not blogged for over 5 months as I have not been well and done little crafting, but I have finally found a project that inspires me to craft.

35 years ago, when I was 14 my dad went to night classes to do woodworking, this was his very first project, its based on a Scandinavian 'shadow box' , about 2 foot wide and 18 inches high. I had previously just used it to display small ornaments such as Whimsies (remember them from the 70s/80s?), then I painted it in classic cream matt paint.

I decided to alter it with vintage papers and embellishments to follow the theme of my craftroom, have previously altered my large craft desk and have been collecting potential items to use, and finally started on this project as I have no mojo for cardmaking right now.

I used mainly Graphic45. Papermania 'MadamePayraud and Recollections 'Always Remember 12" x 12" papers, I added 2 inspirational ATCs sent tome years ago, and lots of metal charms - owls, bird silhouettes, clocks and keys, along with vintage lace and vintage botanical ribbons, featuring keys and butterflies. then I started to embellish the shadow box with Papermania Midnight Blush capsule collection pin wheels, various die-cuts and vintage buttons, also used glossy accents to highlight certain embellishments, now I need to find small objet d'art to accessorise it before it goes onto my craftroom wall










 a spider for Incy!




thanks for any comments, Fi x

3 comments:

  1. Fi, this looks amazing, I love it! I love all your close up photo's, it has inspired me. hmm now where can I get my hands on a shadow box? lol its such a nice idea to update your dads special box. you need to find some of those mini glass bottles with cork tops, fill will beads. they would look so cute on it. and some mini cotton reels and lace bobbins..... oh sooo many ideas in my head. what have you done! LOL well done hun, its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    I keep meaning to get one (or three) for my nail varnish collection... one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting my blog Fiona, hope you are keeping well. Love the shadow box x

    ReplyDelete